UserMuse strives to be the most trusted and transparent place for specialized content. We follow these simple principles and guidelines to ensure the most authentic, transparent, and valuable information is available to our users.
- We never edit or alter the text of Content submitted on our site, no matter how minor.
- We never suppress, filter, or delete Content simply because it is negative/lower-rated, or positive/higher-rated.
- We apply the same standard of review for all Content (whether or not the content involves a client of UserMuse).
- We require verification from a Social Networking Account for each user submitting Content.
- Our team reviews Content submitted by users to determine whether it meets our community guidelines and reserves the right to remove any Content that we deem fails to meet those guidelines.
- We may use proprietary technology filters & algorithms to detect attempted abuse and gaming.
- We stay neutral in all cases of dispute; we don’t take sides and we don’t act as the finder of fact with respect to review Content.
- We remove Content if we have evidence that users were incentivized to or coerced into leaving the content.
- We believe in the principle of anonymity and free speech — everyone has a right to voice his or her opinion and be heard without fear of retribution, censorship or other unwanted attention.
Please follow these guidelines to ensure everyone can benefit from a helpful, balanced, and authentic community.
- Your Content should be truthful and constitute your own personal opinion and experiences. We don’t take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect you to stand behind your statements expressed in your Content.
- Your content should be related to jobs you have held and your employment experiences.
- We encourage you to think about the products you’ve used from more than one perspective. While not required, we do believe balanced reviews make for a better community experience.
- We allow Content that names individuals in the highest positions in a company who have broad influence over the work environment, as long as the Content describes the individual’s actions or preferences regarding a particular product that has been implemented. Individuals in this category include those who are the public face of the company (C-Suite, Executive Director, President, Owner, Founder, etc.) We believe this information is relevant to understanding how a company makes technology purchase decisions and organizes their tech stack. We do not allow reviews that include negative comments about identifiable individuals outside of this group.
- We realize talking about work and the tools and processes that facilitate it can get emotionally charged, but we don't approve Content that include certain profanities, threats of violence, or discriminatory language targeted at an individual or group.
- We do not accept Content that reveals confidential, non-public internal company information. We consider this to include: source code, customer lists, manufacturing techniques, R&D activities, budgets, detailed financial results and technical know-how.
- To safeguard privacy, we do not allow you to identify yourself or include any contact information (about yourself or others) in your posts.
- UserMuse is about sharing information that helps the entire community. We will reject any content meant as an advertisement or containing a web link.
- All Content should be original – no substantial quoted material from other sources, including (but not limited to) websites, e-mail correspondence, other reviews, etc.
- Your writing doesn't have to be perfect, but we need to be able to understand it. We reject Content for excessive capitalization or filler words/characters. And remember, your Content will be more credible and you are more likely to receive consulting engagements as an expert user if you use good grammar, spelling and punctuation.
We love it when users share Content on UserMuse, but please do not offer incentives in exchange for anything at all. We will remove Content where we have evidence that anyone was compensated and/or coerced into participation.
We expect all of our users to follow these guidelines. UserMuse reserves the right to remove any Content at any time for any reason. Much of the Content posted on UserMuse is individual and highly subjective opinion. The opinions expressed in reviews are those of UserMuse users and not of UserMuse, LLC.
If you see something on UserMuse that you believe violates our guidelines, you should flag it for our review in a message to email@example.com. We will respond with our decision; we do not accept or return phone calls. Please keep in mind that flagging a piece of Content for review does not guarantee that it will be removed from the site. Because of the diversity of our community, it's possible that something could be disagreeable or disturbing to you without meeting the criteria for being removed or blocked.
We ask our users to understand that we apply the same standard of review for all Content (whether or not the content concerns a client of UserMuse). Ultimately, Content decisions are within our sole discretion and we do not negotiate about our application of a guideline to our final decision as to whether or not a piece of Content warrants removal.